Let's face it; the line from A Field of Dreams isn't the whole truth. There's more to getting people to come to something than simply building it. Someone built the old run down historical mansion Willie McGee Youth Jersey , but hardly anyone visits it (except maybe people you wouldn't want to run into). People want to find a place online that caters to them, specifically. They want it to be pleasant on the eyes, up-to-date, simple to understand and easy to get around in. But, this isn't an area where everyone succeeds. And sadly Bob Gibson Youth Jersey , some of the reasons for failure seem small, almost minute. Below are six website design disasters and simple steps that you can take to avoid them.
1. Sloppy Copy. Despite what you may have read in the latest free e-Book, you can't just place any words on a page to trick you customers to spend fistfuls of cash on your site. One of the primary reasons people are cruising the net is to find information, and not just the same information over and over and over.
Solution: Your content should be unique, interesting and error free. Anything less will leave your visitors looking for fulfillment elsewhere. There are many opportunities online to find good content and sometimes you can manage to find unique copy at low prices. Or maybe you can work out a trade deal with a freelance writer; you offer free advertising space in exchange for their articles. Try not to use free content from a mass produced website simply because there are probably a lot of other places online where you can find the exact same words. You've got to give your visitors something special Stan Musial Youth Jersey , something unique that they can't find anywhere else. Otherwise they will ? find it somewhere else.
2. Not Taking Advantage of META-tags. We all know that meta-tags are important, but sometimes we fail to take full advantage of what they have to offer. As important as they are to web designers as free promotion, meta-tags are just as important to potential visitors.
You may have just the product, membership club, newsletter or information that I'm looking for. But if I can't find you Ozzie Smith Youth Jersey , we can't ever begin a commercial (or any other kind of) exchange. Since most people come across websites using a search engine, fully optimizing your title and meta-tag keywords will ensure the beginning of a match made in heaven.
Solution: When creating your title and coming up with possible keywords; make sure that you are thinking more like a customer than a website designer. Your title is important because it is the first thing that potential visitors will see when your results show in the search engine. It should be short, compelling and descriptive.
Your description Meta-tags should reiterate what your title has said, but using a new approach and a few more words. Try to limit yourself to a description that is less than 125 characters so that the entire description can be read, instead of being interrupted mid-thought by limited space. For added benefits Keith Hernandez Jersey , try to include a question in your first line of the description, one that the viewer was probably asking themselves before initiating the search. Use this same approach when coming up with your list of keywords. When you've come up with your list, go over each one asking yourself, ?Is this a keyword used by someone who is a potential customer?? If the answer is no, then don't include them Orlando Cepeda Jersey , you'll be wasting your time.
3. Outdate Information, Broken Links, and ?Under Construction?. There is nothing more frustrating than sifting through out-dated websites when you're in search of current information. Or clicking on a link that you hope leads to the answer to your question, only to discover that ?This Page Cannot Be Displayed? or that the domain name is for sale.
Only slightly less annoying are messages informing you that the page is currently under construction or is ?Coming Soon?. If it's not here yet, don't waste your visitor's time leading them down dead ends.
Solution: Schedule at least a day a month scouring your website for outdated information and broken links. You can also include a link on your website that allows visitors to report broken links or outdated information. As far as ?Under Construction? messages Chris Carpenter Jersey , instead announce to your visitors any upcoming changes or additions to your website. They'll be glad to know it without getting their hopes up, clicking a link to much sought after information, and being told it isn't available yet.
4. Hard to Find Contact Information. It's hard to understand why any website would fail to make it easy for visitors to get in touch with the people who run it. Offering this simple bit of information will: a. Encourage people to ask for permission before using your content &or graphics on their own sites. b. Make it easier for people to contact you for promotional reasons. For example, someone may desire to interview you, initiate a contract or simply make an important business contact that you may need in the future. c. Provide people with ways to reach you and your company while they are offline. You can provide them with ways to reach you by telephone Vince Coleman Jersey , snail mail or possibly even to stop and tour your facilities.
Solution: Simply add a ?Contact Us? page and link to your website. Be sure to include pertinent email addresses, phone numbers, names, mailing addresses and (if necessary) driving directions.
5. Not Changing the Color of a Visited Link. While this may not seem like such a big deal, it's one that has been bugging website traffic for many years. You can take that on the authority of Dr. Jakob Nielsen Mark McGwire Jersey , the man who's been called the ?guru of Web page usability? by the New York Times.
The purpose of changing link colors is to give your site visitors an idea of where they've already been and where they have yet to venture. This is especially important if you have a large site with new pages being added to it often.
Solution: The HTML code is Alberta Lindsle. Cheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Custom Jerseys From China Cheap Custom Jerseys Sale Cheap Custom Jerseys For Sale Cheap Custom College Jerseys China Cheap Custom Bike Jerseys From China Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Sports Jerseys