Each person faces ageing differently, but the particular needs of each one must be taken into account. And not only that, what are the areas that they should take care of the most in the elderly? Especially 3:
• Physical and mental health. Elderly home care services include the general health of the elderly (cardiovascular problems, mobility problems) and possible loss of capacity such as cognitive impairment, which is very common when it comes to advanced age.
• Family environment. Always avoid the feeling of loneliness in the elderly. If they as a family cannot meet all their needs, they should feel that there is someone professional with them who are always in contact with the relatives.
• Social Environment. When physical ailments or cognitive deterioration appear, the social environment leaves them aside. However, they must try to prevent that from happening in this way. They will have different motivations and entertainment.
Reasons to Hire a Senior Caregiver
1. Daily grooming needs. To avoid risks during daily hygiene, it is sometimes better to have outside professional help. The older person will be calmer and safer, but so will their relatives. The toilet can be in a shower or bed.
2. Accompaniment of the person. It is essential to prevent them from abandoning each other, stopping having conversations or carrying out activities. A person who encourages them
by their side is one of the best options for this. They can go for a walk, to
3. Help with housework. One of the tasks must first be delegated to avoid accidents, both in cleaning and in the kitchen.
4. Better quality of life. It has been shown that home health care services increase the life expectancy of the elderly and, consequently, their quality of life since a professional is in charge of all the critical care.
5. Family respite. The family will be calm; knowing that the older adult will be in the best hands and always well cared for.
Why hire it with us?
Elderly care at home services are professionals. Their caregivers have the necessary qualifications and experience. In addition, they have specific human qualities, such as empathy or the ability to give and receive affection.
They adapt to the needs of each person. After assessing the needs of the elderly, they will offer you the best option for her care. From that moment, they will continuously monitor the
service. Support from a company in the sector. In the face of any unforeseen
event, you will have a company in the industry that will respond in the fastest
and most efficient way.
Decreases the risk of presenting or aggravating mental disorders
Older people are also at higher risk of developing a condition called delirium when they stay in the hospital for a long time. It is a very common condition in the elderly but one
that is rarely talked about. It consists of a state of acute and profound
confusion whose mechanism is not perfectly understood.
Still, the unknown and stressful environment of the hospitalization room and the loss of a domestic routine undoubtedly play an important role. This condition can trigger or
accelerate states of dementia with significant risks, prolonged hospitalization
or the need for permanent accommodation in residence.
Access to a multidisciplinary team without leaving home
The agencies that provide the home hospitalization & personal care services have an Avoiding combining shifts and organizing visits or transfers is an invaluable advantage for any patient and their family.
Ideal for palliative care
Hospice patients hospitalized at home can remain surrounded by their family and friends until the last moment, leaving them with the least harsh memories possible.