Vyvanse is a brand name for Lisdexamfetamine that is used in patients to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in adults and children. This prescription drug is a central nervous system stimulant medication that may increase the ability to stop fidgeting, stay focused, and pay attention.
Note – This short information is for educational purposes only. Not every known adverse effect, side effect, or drug interaction in this database. Some who have questions about his/her medicine should talk to a healthcare expert.
Vyvanse vs Adderall works by changing certain chemicals in the brain, which professionals refer to as neurotransmitters. It is yet unknown why changing these neurochemicals results in symptom relief for attention deficit hyperactivity.
How to take it?
People may take this medication when prescribed by the doctor. They should use this medication exactly as prescribed by the doctor or pharmacist. This medicine should be used in the morning with or without food.
Side effects of VyVanse_
This medication can lead to specific adverse effects in non-suitable conditions. They may occur even when using medicine properly. Side effects can include:
*dry mouth, feeling irritable
*loss of appetite, weight loss
*nausea, vomiting, dizziness
*sleep problems such as insomnia
Users should inform their doctor immediately – if they are facing any of the given below conditions while using Vyvanse:
*paranoia an erection that is painful or lasts 2 to 4 hours or longer
*red, irritated eyes
*skin color changes
*puffiness or swelling of the eyelids, others.
Drug Interaction :
Users should not mix Vyvanse with other medications.
Before taking Vyvanse medicine or substance, either prescription or over the counter, people should inform their doctor or pharmacist. This includes herbal products and supplements.
Dosage and missed dose :
Users should follow their doctor's instructions when using this medication. This medication may be used with or without food. The doctor may determine Their treatments according to their physical and medical conditions and how they respond to the drug.
* A usual initial dose for adults is 30 mg per day in the morning.
Children 6 to 12 years of age may initially use 30 mg every morning. This dosage may be adjusted by a doctor, depending on how a child responds to the drug.
* People who missed their dose should take it as soon as possible. But if it is almost time for another dose, they should skip the missed dose and go back to their scheduled treatment.
How Supplied :
Information for Vyvanse chewable tablets.:
Dosage Color Shape Imprint National Drug Code
Vyvanse tablet 10 mgWhite to off white
Round 10 on one side and S489 on the other side
59417 – 115 – 01
Vyvanse tablet 20 mgWhite to off white
Hexagonal 20 on one side and S489 on the other side
59417 – 116 – 01
Vyvanse tablet 30 mg
White to off white Triangular 30 on one side and S489 on the other side
59417 – 117 – 01
Vyvanse tablet 40 mg
White to off white Capsule 40 on one side and S489 on the other side
59417 – 118 – 01
Vyvanse tablet 60 mg
White to off white Diamond 60 on one side and S489 on the other side
59417 – 120 – 01
Warnings and Precautions :
This substance should not be taken by children with heart issues, including –
* Heart disease or an irregular heartbeat. It can produce a heart attack, stroke, and even sudden death.
* People should check their blood pressure regularly while taking this medication. It can elevate blood pressure.
* Males using this medication may have experience erection that lasts longer than usual and occur more frequently.
* Vyvanse may produce drug dependence or may be habit-forming. This stimulant should not be used longer than prescribed.
* People who have serious side effects such as jaw, chest or arm pain, seizures, difficulty breathing, and fainting – should take medical help.