An overview of unmarried partner visa UK by our expert UK Unmarried partner visa Consultant India
- UK unmarried partner visa may be a category of UK visa for applicants who are during a relationship with a British Citizen or a settled person i.e. holding Indefinite leave to stay (ILR).
- A non- EEA national can apply for an unmarried partner settlement visa to hitch their partner who may be a British Citizen or settled person.
This category falls under settlement visa and initially the entry clearance is granted for 30 months.
What is English academic requirement to urge UK unmarried partner visa?
According to UK Immigration rules, applicants for UK unmarried partner visa are required to supply evidence that they meet English academic requirement . An applicant can meet English requirement in either of the subsequent ways:
Education qualification -
- The applicant can submit their degree or academic qualification which is recognized by UK NARIC as being like UK bachelor’s degree or higher.
- You have a degree or academic qualification that was taught or researched in English.
English Language test -
- The applicant is required to pass the International English Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum of a CEFR level A1 in speaking and listening and supply with a pass certificate.
Applicants exempted to satisfy English academic requirement -
- If the applicant is over 65
- If the applicant features a physical or mental condition that forestalls you from meeting the need .
- If you're a national of a majority English speaking country.
- The applicants who are being taught from a UK university and have a degree confirming an equivalent .
What are the wants of UK unmarried partner visa?
In an application the sponsor (this is that the person residing within the UK or British Citizen returning to UK who are residing and dealing overseas) are required to demonstrate:
The sponsor can be:
- be a British citizen or
- have settled within the UK (they have ‘indefinite leave to remain’ or proof of permanent residence) or
- have refugee status or humanitarian protection within the UK
UK unmarried partner visa requirements further entail that the sponsor:
- meets gross annual income threshold of a minimum of £18,600 or alternatively evidence savings of £62,500.
- can provide adequate accommodation in accordance with the united kingdom housing space standards
Note: UK unmarried partner visa rules provide that if the applicant is within the UK with permission to figure then their income also can be considered to satisfy the need . Savings held by the applicant also can be considered.
UK unmarried partner visa requirements require that the applicant:
- meets English academic requirement .
- has taken a TB Test (if they're from a rustic on the house Office’s list of prescribed countries).
- does not have any adverse immigration history (overstaying, breaching conditions, illegal entrant, using deception in an application)
- does not fall for under the mandatory general grounds of refusal.
Both applicant and sponsor are required to prove that they:
- Are during a genuine and subsisting relationship or
- have been cohabitation during a relationship for a minimum of 2 years once they apply
At The SmartMove2UK our Immigration Solicitors have helped hundreds of applicants to apply for unmarried partner visa to UK. If you would like to ascertain your eligibility for Unmarried Partner Visa UK or have had a UK unmarried partner visa refused you can book an appointment for initial consultation with our UK Immigration experts call us on +91 98191 27002 or email us at [email protected]