How to replace a heating element on an electric cooktop 2021
Many electric ranges have a bake grill and a heating element. It should be replaced a few years after purchase. The furnace heating element is located at the base or on the rear wall of the range. Before you order the new part, make sure the item must be replaced. Look at the item with a flashlight and look for cracks or burn marks. If it's checked it's probably fine.
• Disconnect the range of electricity. Make sure the oven is completely cool. Take the wire racks from the range. Put the wire shelves in a safe place until the job is done.
• Undo the screws that hold the element in place. Most ranges have two screws but some models have more. If the item is at the back of the range, there will probably be four screws holding it in place. Make sure all screws have been removed before continuing.
• Slant the element so you can reach the cables. The cables will be attached to the brackets on the item. Grasp the cables with your pliers and give them a firm tug. They should separate very easily.
• Get the new item and put it in the range. Position so you can easily connect the cables in the brackets. Make sure the wires are firmly connected to the element before screwing into place. Screw the element in place.
• Reconnect the range. Put the wire racks inside. Test the oven to make sure it heats up.
Tips and Warnings
Electrical ranges use 220 volts; they do not work on them while still connected to electricity.
If you are also interested in our best electric cooktop 2021, you can contact us https://greatlivings.com/best-electric-cooktop-reviews/