The Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) programme is a three-year undergraduate degree that equips students with a solid foundation in the fundamentals of computer science, as well as in database management systems, operating systems, web technology, software development, and languages like C++, HTML, Java, etc.
Candidates must have completed the 10+2 or equivalent exams with computers as an elective or major. Both academic quality and test results are taken into consideration when determining who gets into the BCA programme. The IPU-CET, SET, GSAT, LUCSAT, SUAT, etc. are only a few examples of these kinds of tests.
The best colleges for BCA are IITD Delhi, Poddar International College Jaipur, University, SRMIST Chennai, Lovely Professional University, etc. BCA graduates apply for positions such as Web Designer, System Analyst, Software Engineer, and many more in the IT industry. Depending on the organisation and the nature of the position, a BCA graduate may expect to earn anywhere from INR 4LPA to 10 LPA annually. Companies like HP, Accenture, Capgemini, and Cognizant, as well as more recent technological upstarts like Flipkart, are among the best when it comes to recruiting.
Course Overview for the BCA
· Educators in India need to provide a Bachelor of Computer Application degree programme to meet the country's growing need for IT and computer science experts.
· The curriculum has a wide range of concentrations in the fields of data analytics, data science, web design, and computer science.
· Programming languages like Python, CSS, Linux, Java, C++, etc. are studied and mastered by students, allowing for a broadening of their technical expertise.
· The demand for professionals with a Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) degree is high because of the growing complexity and variety of computer systems.
· The BCA course is challenging because it is software-based, which reduces the need for physical labour and frees professionals to work without undue stress.
Colleges that offer BCA programmes accept applications year-round, and prospective students have the option of applying either in person or online. Admissions requirements may be found on the school's website and students should be chosen based on their grades in high school and any entrance exams they may have to take. Following a round of personal interviews, a final student selection is made.
· The BCA admissions test is given at both the state and the national levels. Entrance exams are required for students to enrol in BCA programmes at universities such as Poddar Institute Jaipur.
· Candidates for the BCA programme should submit their applications for entrance or admission when the relevant institution has issued an official announcement on the relative websites of Universities.
Criteria for Eligibility
Among the prerequisites for consideration as a candidate are the following:
· Students must have a 10+2 aggregate score of 50% or above, with English, Mathematics, and Computer Science all required. Students from underrepresented groups may request a 5% grade reduction.
· There was no upper age restriction for the BCA program, however, some schools required students to be at least 21 years old.
Jobs after BCA
The expansion of the IT industry has led to a surge in demand for BCA graduates in both the commercial and public sectors. Government institutions including the Indian Air Force(IAF), the Indian Army, and the Indian Navy, as well as commercial corporations like Oracle, IBM, Infosys, and Wipro, are among the top IT employers of BCA graduates in India. The Employers consider the students foremost from the best BCA College in order that they are hiring the best student in their firm with a firm grasp of the subject.
Beginning salaries for recent college grads often fall between the INR 30,000–45,000 range. Demand for IT specialists is predicted to double by 2025, leading to a wide range in salaries for those in the field.
You need to be a member of On Feet Nation to add comments!
Join On Feet Nation