The growth of the Flow Cytometry Market is largely driven by the rising prevalence of HIV/AIDS and cancer, growing adoption of flow cytometry techniques in research activities, increasing public-private initiatives in immunology and immuno-oncology research, and rising technological advancements in flow cytometry software.
Flow Cytometry Market is projected to reach USD 7.0 billion by 2028 from USD 4.7 billion in 2023, at a CAGR of 8.3% between 2023 and 2028.
Download PDF Brochure:
Flow Cytometry Market Dynamics:
1. Increasing incidence of HIV/AIDS and cancer
2. Flow cytometry techniques in research activities
3. Use of flow cytometry in regenerative medicine
4. Growing public−private initiatives in immunology and immuno-oncology research
5. Technological advancements in flow cytometry instruments
1. High product cost
1. Emerging markets
2. Public-private funding initiatives in stem cell research
3. Adoption of recombinant DNA technology for antibody production
1. Complexities related to reagent development
2. Shortage of well-trained and skilled professionals
• Based on product & service, the market is segmented into reagents & consumables, instruments, software, services, and accessories. Reagents & consumables accounted for the largest share in the market in 2022.
• Based on applications, the market is segmented into research, clinical, and industrial applications. In 2022, the research applications segment accounted for the largest share in the global market.
Inquiry Before Buying:
North America accounted for the largest share in Flow Cytometry market.
The North American market is mature with high penetration of flow cytometry technologies among key end users. However, this market is still expected to offer high growth opportunities because of the expanding application areas of flow cytometry in clinical settings.
US- High incidence of cancer and HIV-AIDS drives the market growth.
The high prevalence of cancer (including leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma), HIV-AIDS, and autoimmune disorders, coupled with the increasing demand for early and effective disease diagnosis and treatment, are the major factors driving market growth in the US. For instance:
• As of 2019, an estimated 1.2 million people were living with HIV, and ~ 36,801 people received an HIV diagnosis in the US.
• According to the National Cancer Institute, in 2020, an estimated 1,806,590 new cancer cases were diagnosed in the US, and 606,520 people were expected to die from the disease.
CANADA: Ongoing government initiatives for life science research expected to drive demand for flow cytometry products
Canada has several R&D clusters that drive and support innovation in Canadian universities, institutes, and technology incubators. In January 2019, the Centre for Commercialization of Regenerative Medicine (CCRM) and GE Healthcare established the Centre for Advanced Therapeutic Cell Technologies (CATCT) in Toronto, Canada, emphasizing the industrialization of cell manufacturing.
Recent Developments: -
• In June 2023, BD launched The BD FACSDuet Premium Sample Preparation System to automate sample preparation in clinical flow cytometry diagnostics.
• In May 2023, Sysmex launched Clinical Flow Cytometry System Flow Cytometer XF-1600, Sample Preparation System PS-10, antibody reagents, and other related products in Japan.
• In June 2022, BD (US) launched BD FACSDiscover S8 Cell Sorter with high-speed imaging technology that sorts cells based on visual characteristics.
• In March 2022, Beckman Coulter, Inc. (US) launched a fully automated sample preparation system (SPS) CellMek SPS, which offers on-demand processing for many sample types to help laboratories expand their capabilities.
Top Key Players: -
The prominent players in the Flow Cytometry Market are Becton, Dickinson and Company (US), Danaher Corporation (US), Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (US), Agilent Technologies, Inc. (US), and Luminex Corporation (US). These companies have adopted organic and inorganic growth strategies, such as product launches and acquisitions, to maintain their leading positions in the market.
The Flow Cytometry Market is more than just a niche sector in biotechnology; it's a catalyst for groundbreaking discoveries and precise diagnostics. As an industry expert, I am thrilled to witness the industry's remarkable growth and foresee an even more promising future. With ongoing advancements and collaborations, the flow cytometry market will continue to redefine the boundaries of what's possible in healthcare and life sciences.