The increasing number of surgical procedures worldwide, the rising prevalence of chronic diseases along with a significant rise in the geriatric population and the availability of specialized retraction products are some of the key factors driving the market for surgical retractors.
The global report Surgical Retractors Market is projected to reach USD 2.8 billion by 2027 from USD 1.9 billion in 2022, at a CAGR of 6.7%.
Download PDF Brochure: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/pdfdownloadNew.asp?id=121697708
Key Driving Factors:
• Technological Advancements: The market has seen advancements in retractors, with the development of new materials, designs, and features to enhance their effectiveness and ease of use. These advancements can lead to better patient outcomes and shorter surgical times.
• Minimally Invasive Surgery: The rise of minimally invasive surgical techniques, such as laparoscopy and robotic surgery, has impacted the demand for specialized retractors designed for these procedures. These retractors are smaller and designed to work through smaller incisions.
• Increasing Surgical Procedures: The global increase in surgical procedures, driven by factors like aging populations, rising chronic diseases, and technological advancements, contributes to the growth of the surgical retractors market.
• Demand for Disposable Retractors: There's a growing demand for disposable retractors due to concerns about infection control and the risk of cross-contamination. Disposable retractors reduce these risks and can be more cost-effective in some cases.
• Market Consolidation: The market is characterized by a mix of small and large companies. In recent years, there has been some consolidation in the industry as larger companies acquire smaller ones to expand their product portfolios and geographic reach.
Market Segmentation: -
Based on product, the global surgical retractors market is segmented into handheld retractors, self-retaining retractors, table-mounted retractors, wire retractors, and retractor accessories. In 2021, the handheld retractors segment accounted for the largest share of this market.
Based on usage, the surgical retractors market is segmented into tissue handling and dissection, and fluid swabbing. The highest growth of the tissue handling and dissection segment can be attributed to the increased handling of tissues, organs, and ligaments around the surgical area with the increasing number of surgical procedures globally.
Based on application, the surgical retractors market is segmented into abdominal surgeries, cardiothoracic surgeries, orthopedic surgeries, obstetric and gynecological surgeries, urological surgeries, aesthetic surgeries, head, neck, and spinal surgeries, and other surgeries.
Based on end users, the surgical retractors market is segmented into hospitals, clinics, and surgical centers, ambulatory care centers, and maternity and fertility centers. The ambulatory care centers segment is expected to register the highest growth during the forecast period due to the increased adoption of getting treated in ambulatory care settings due to the cost-effective treatment offered.
Regional Analysis: -
Asia Pacific is expected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period due to presence of high-growth markets such as India, China, and Japan, the implementation of favorable government initiatives, and rapid growth in the geriatric population, are some of the major factors that are expected to drive the growth of the surgical retractors market in the Asia Pacific region.
1. North America:
o Market Dominance: North America, particularly the United States, is often a dominant player in the surgical retractors market. This is due to the presence of a well-established healthcare infrastructure, a high volume of surgical procedures, and significant R&D investments.
o Market Growth: European countries have advanced healthcare systems and a growing aging population, leading to a steady demand for surgical retractors. The European market benefits from a strong focus on product quality and innovation.
o Emerging Markets: The Asia-Pacific region, including countries like China, India, and Japan, presents significant growth opportunities. Increasing healthcare investments, rising healthcare awareness, and the expansion of healthcare infrastructure contribute to market growth.
4. Middle East & Africa:
o Growing Healthcare Infrastructure: Some countries in the Middle East, such as the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia, have invested heavily in healthcare infrastructure, attracting medical tourism and contributing to the demand for surgical retractors.
Request for Sample Pages :-https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/requestsampleNew.asp?id=121697708
• In 2022, Henry Schein acquired acquire Condor to expand its dental distribution business in Switzerland.
• In 2020, Henry Schein entered into an agreement with the Dentists Supply Company and this was aimed to form a new entity - TDSC.com, an online-only option for purchasing dental supplies that will serve the state dental association members.
• In 2019, Integra LifeSciences acquired Rebound Therapeutics to develop innovative products to address the unmet needs in neurosurgery.
• In 2019, Stryker Corporation acquired Mobius Imaging and Cardan Robotics to expand its presence in the orthopedics, spine, and neurotechnology divisions using advanced imaging and robotics as well as a wide product pipeline.
Top Key players
The prominent players in the surgical retractors market are Becton, Dickinson and Company (US), B. Braun Melsungen AG (Germany), Integra LifeSciences (US), Teleflex Incorporated (US), Medtronic plc (US), Johnson & Johnson (US), Stryker Corporation (US), Henry Schein, Inc. (US), Sklar Surgical Instruments (US), Mediflex Surgical Products (US), Medline Industries, Inc. (US), Bausch Health Companies, Inc. (Canada), Thompson Surgical Instruments (US), BR Surgical, LLC (US), The Cooper Companies, Inc. (US), Innomed, Inc. (US), Terumo Corporation (Japan), Globus Medical, Inc. (US), Halma plc (UK), Enovis Corporation (US), CONMED Corporation (US), Olympus Corporation (Japan), Arthrex, Inc. (US), Applied Medical Resources Corporation (US), and LiNA Medical ApS (Denmark).
It's important to note that the surgical retractors market is closely tied to the overall healthcare industry, and its performance is influenced by various healthcare trends and factors, including technological advancements, regulatory changes, and healthcare spending. As the healthcare landscape continues to evolve, so too will the surgical retractors market.