Planning to work from home and want to set up QuickBooks desktop? Accessing the company file would be easy once the user carries out the required process. In this particular post, we will be talking about the steps involved in setting up QuickBooks desktop to work from home. Thus, ensure that you are hooked to this post till the end.
However, if you are a newbie to QuickBooks and don’t know how to deal with it, then all you need to do is to grab your phone, get in touch with us, we are just a buzz away and waiting for your call. We assure the discussion would help you gain a better insight of your QuickBooks requirements.
Steps to set up QuickBooks company file to work from home
The user can set up QuickBooks company file to work from home by moving or installing QuickBooks on another system. The steps involved in here are as follows:
Step 1: At first, the user is supposed to move or reinstall QuickBooks desktop to another system using migrator tool
On the old system
• The user should first move to the file menu from QuickBooks and select utilities tab and also select move QuickBooks to another system
• Now, select I am ready and then create a one-time password
• Also, follow the onscreen prompts to select the USB flash drive that will be used and then wait for the files to be copied
On the new system
• Under this, the user should insert the USB flash drive. Due to windows security restrictions, the migrator tool won’t automatically launch
• Now, open the flash drive to view its files and then double click the file Move_QuickBooks.bat to start the migrator tool
• The user is then required to enter the password that has been created and then choose let’s go tab
• Followed by waiting for the migrator tool to finish
Step 2: And then move the company files to another system
• Here, the user should ensure to install QuickBooks desktop on the new system
• And follow the steps to create a backup company file on the original system
• The next step is to assign a unique name to spot the file easily
• And also, save the backup company to new system. The user can either put the backup on a flash drive or an external device. Or the user can share it if the system is on the same network
• Now, follow the steps to restore the backup on the new system
• And in case the user is making use of the payroll, then it is important to download the latest tax table after moving the file
Step 3: The user will then have to install QuickBooks desktop
Step 4: And also, install and setup QuickBooks desktop for Mac
The steps discussed in here are considered to be enough to set up QuickBooks desktop to work from home successfully.
However, if you are unable to set it up for some reason, then do not waste much time in experimenting further, just discuss your issue with our team at 1-800-761-1787. And our QuickBooks enterprise support professionals will ensure that you get answers to all your queries.