QuickBooks accounting software has marked its presence in the accounting industry, by not just because of the features that it offers, but also the frequent update releases that makes it better each time. Being a professional, we always recommend you to update QuickBooks desktop to the latest release, so as to ensure that your software is up to date and also to have an edge over the competitors. If you are also planning to update this software, then going through this segment will surely help.
These updates are basically termed as patches and they optimize the performance of QuickBooks and also resolve many known issues automatically. Go through this write up to find out the right process to update QuickBooks desktop to the latest release. Or connect with our tech support team using our helpline.
Manual steps for updating QuickBooks
You can perform the below steps, so as to update QuickBooks manually.
• Initially, close QuickBooks company files
• Open the windows start menu
• Look for QuickBooks
• Right click the icon and choose run as admin
• When on the no company open screen, move to help menu and choose update QuickBooks desktop
• Head to options tab and choose mark all and choose save
• Head to the update now tab and also select the reset update checkbox
• You are also supposed to choose get updates
• When the update completes, you need to close and reopen QuickBooks desktop to install the updates hit yes
• Reboot the system
Steps to set up automatic updates
In case you aren’t comfortable with the manual updates, you can perform the below set of steps for setting up automatic updates. Let us have a look:
• You need to first head to the help menu and choose update QuickBooks desktop
• Later on move to update now tab
• Choose the reset update checkbox to clear all earlier update downloads
• Moreover, choose get updates to start the download
• After the download completes, reboot QuickBooks
• When asked, accept the option to install the new release
Updating QuickBooks desktop to the latest release becomes easy with the steps mentioned in this segment. Whereas, if you aren’t able to perform the steps discussed in above, or if in case you have any query related to updating QuickBooks, then do not think twice in connecting with our QuickBooks desktop support tech geeks using our dedicated helpline i.e., 1-800-615-2347.