Tummy tuck or abdominoplasty is a popular procedure that help you achieve a trim, well-shaped abdomen. The procedure gets rid of unwanted fat that is resistant to diet and exercise and removes excess skin from the body. This procedure restores the natural contour of your abdomen. Tummy tuck surgery in Manhattan is the best way to correct stretched abdominal regions and droopy skin that are a consequence of single or multiple deliveries. It can remove excess fat, tighten skin and improve your overall body profile, and boost your confidence and self-esteem.
Manhattan plastic surgeons perform tummy tuck surgery using the following technologies:
~ Smartlipo Triplex: This is a laser assisted modality that uses three unique wave laser lengths of 1064nm, 1440nm and 1320nm which can be used independently or blended. This device liquefies localized fat tissue for easy removal and tightens the skin to provide a smooth contour.
~ BodyTite: This radiofrequency assisted liposuction device delivers energy to liquefy fat, tightens skin and coagulate blood vessels.
~ Vaserlipo: This innovative ultrasound assisted system can remove fat from targeted areas without disturbing the nerves, blood vessels and connective tissue. It uses ultrasonic energy to break down fat with less trauma and pain.
There are different approaches to tummy tuck surgery that address varying concerns:
• Liposuction-only abdominoplasty: This technique removes localized fat deposits in the abdominal area, and improves contour and proportion.
• Limited abdominoplasty: This option is for those with a minimal degree of skin laxity and a limited amount of excess skin.
• Complete abdominoplasty: This technique tightens the muscles of the abdominal wall and addresses dominant stretch marks.
• Brazilian tummy tuck: In this procedure, the incision would be placed very low on the pubic area so that it is not visible even when a low-cut bikini is worn. As the procedure pulls up the pubic area, it can reduce incontinency.
Now that you now about the techniques and diverse approaches used to perform tummy tuck surgery, here are some other things you should know about the procedure:
• It’s not just liposuction: A tummy tuck not only removes excess fat, it also tightens the muscles and skin.
• Tummy tuck is ideal after pregnancy or weight loss: Both pregnancy and weight loss comes with stretch marks and make it difficult to get back to your original shape. A tummy tuck addresses these concerns and corrects stretched abdominal muscles.
• Tummy tuck surgery corrects saggy skin: Despite strenuous exercise and diet, some people still have saggy skin in the abdomen. A tummy tuck resolves stretched tissues and also sculpts and smoothens abdominal muscle and tissue.
• Recovery will take time: It can take a few weeks to completely recover from the procedure and there may be some discomfort like bruising, scarring, soreness etc. Avoid strenuous exercise or activities for a few weeks.
• The patient should be close to their ideal weight: The ideal candidate for tummy tuck surgery is no more than 15 pounds from their goal weight. It is also important to understand that drastic changes in weight can undo the results of a tummy tuck. So it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle for long lasting results.
Tummy tuck surgery in Manhattan helps you achieve a flat belly and improves your posture by tightening the muscles. It also gives your body a youthful appearance. Make sure to find an experienced plastic surgeon for the best results.