For many companies, remote work has become an important part of their overall business plan. But despite how far technology and workplace efficiency have come in recent years, most businesses haven’t taken full advantage of remote work. Many are still relying on dated management practices that need updating, like traditional time tracking methods that require workers to clock in and out every day—and face-to-face meetings. It’s time for a change! Remote work requires more specific tools than traditional management strategies can provide.
What is Time Tracking Software?
Time tracking software is an incredible tool for remote employees. It allows them to record time spent on various tasks in real-time and managers can log in and review weekly or monthly reports detailing exactly how their team members are spending their time. There’s even a bit of gamification involved, which makes it all that much more fun! In fact, if you ask any business owner who has implemented time tracking software into their company – they’ll probably say that it changed everything.
Top 6 reasons to track activities of your remote workforce
Remote time tracking software allows you to track employee activities (and inactivity) and make necessary changes.
Here are six ways that tracking remote employees can bring positive change:
1. Time theft - Employees use their remote time as an opportunity to do other things, like catch up on emails or other work while they're supposed to be working remotely. With a time tracker, you can identify when your employees are doing extra work.
2. Less visibility into work hours - It's much easier for an employee to waste time if there's no one else around with whom he or she needs to account for how long he or she works. Time tracking lets you keep tabs on individual workers' hours and productivity levels.
3. A lack of motivation- When it comes down to it, some people prefer getting tasks done quickly so they can get back home where there's more exciting stuff going on than sitting at a desk all day long. A time tracker helps you ensure your employees are staying focused on what really matters.
4. Violation of company policies- Some companies have strict rules about using company resources for personal reasons; others let you know that their tools aren't yours to use however you please, especially when out of the office. Time tracking acts as proof that these guidelines are being followed.
5. Multi-device limitations – Many time tracking apps limit monitoring activity to computers alone, leaving employees wondering what happens when they log in from their phone or tablet instead of their computer at work.
6. Accurate data reporting – One of the best benefits is also one of its most straightforward: accurate data reporting!
If you have remote employees or work in a virtual office environment, you may not have as much visibility into their daily activities. In most cases, it’s critical for managers and supervisors to know what their team is doing at all times. This type of information can help businesses save time and money. Employee Monitoring software can be very beneficial when it comes to running efficient business operations.
You need to be a member of On Feet Nation to add comments!
Join On Feet Nation