As a mom, you already have a lot on your plate. From managing your children, your family, and your home, you are also running your business efficiently.
However, when it comes to expanding your business, you cannot rely solely on the quality of your products. You need to market your business and increase brand awareness to attract potential customers.
With more than 2.14 billion people buying products online, digital marketing should be your go-to strategy for reaching potential customers and getting more sales.
We've put together this guide to help you improve your digital presence and create a marketing strategy that works.
But, before we get started, let's take a look at the digital marketing strategy basics that can help you improve your success rate.
Read More:- Why CTR (Click-Through Rate) Is Important in SEO & PPC?
1- Create a Buyer Person
For any marketing strategy to be successful, it must target the right person. Therefore, the first step is to create detailed buyer personas.
A buyer persona is a description of your ideal customer based on real data about your existing customers and market research. It can be created by researching, surveying, and interviewing your existing customers.
Here are some details to collect:
Here's an example of what a buyer looks like:
- Goals and challenges
- Hobbies and interests
- Shopping behavior
- Most used digital channels
2- Evaluate your existing digital channels
When creating a digital marketing strategy, it's critical to evaluate your existing channels. This will help you optimize them and determine what to incorporate into your strategy.
Here are different types of channels or assets you can have:
- Own Media - Includes your website, social media profiles, blog, and other digital assets that you have full control over.
- Earned Media - Includes exposure you've gained through word of mouth marketing, such as guest posts, PR work, positive reviews, or social media mentions.
Determine your position with these assets. Make a list of your assets and rank them based on what worked best in terms of your business goals.
- Paid media - Includes channels you spend money on to attract potential customers, such as paid ads and native advertising (sponsored posts on other websites).
The idea here is to determine what works and what doesn't.
Even if you don't have any existing digital channels, that's fine. We all start somewhere, right?
With that said, let's see how to boost your web presence.
5 Digital Marketing Strategies for Entrepreneurial Moms
We will discuss the five most effective digital marketing strategies that can help you increase brand awareness and increase sales.
1- Improve the SEO of your website
About 93% of online experiences start with a search engine like Google, Yahoo!, or Bing. Additionally, 53% of all trackable website traffic comes from organic search.
These numbers indicate that SEO (search engine optimization) is still important. SEO is the process of optimizing your website to rank higher on search engine results pages.
Here are some ways to improve your website SEO:
- Audit your website for SEO issues. Tools like Ubersuggest or SEOptimer help determine the health of your website and provide recommendations to improve it.
- Improve your page loading speed. Google uses page speed to rank websites. Also, if your site takes too long to load, customers are likely to return to search results, thereby increasing the bounce rate. You can check your site's loading speed using Google PageSpeed Insights. Make sure your site loads in less than 5 seconds.
- Build backlinks from authoritative websites in your niche to increase your site's credibility.
- Make sure your website is optimized for devices of all sizes. In addition to helping you rank higher, mobile optimization can also lead to more sales. Global eCommerce mCommerce sales are expected to reach 72.9% in 2021.
Know More:- Top 6 Essential Google Chrome Extensions for SEO
- Use the right keywords to rank at the top of relevant search queries. You can use tools like WordStream or Answer the Public to find keywords that your potential customers enter in the search engine.
2- Run paid ads
SEO offers results, but it takes time (months, usually). On the other hand, paid ads generate results from day one (when properly optimized).
Although paid ads can be expensive, they can help generate more sales and brand awareness when combined with SEO.
Follow these best practices when serving paid ads to increase your return on ad spend (ROAS):
- Use the right keywords to reach customers who are actively searching for your products.
- Take advantage of Google Smart Bidding to automatically optimize your bids based on your business goals.
- Create unique landing pages for each ad. Make sure the pages reflect the bids in your ads.
- Insert unique phone numbers into each ad to track offline conversions. You can buy local virtual numbers at an affordable price at iTeleCenter. Local numbers make your business look attractive and increase the chances of conversions.
3- Take advantage of content marketing
Content marketing helps you showcase your expertise, provides additional space to include keywords, and increases your chances of ranking at the top of the results pages.
If you haven't started blogging yet, now is the right time to do so. And when you do, follow these best practices:
- Write about topics that concern your target audience.
- Provide practical advice on your blogs to help your potential customers solve their problems.
- Add relevant internal links in your articles to encourage readers to spend more time on your site.
- Use keywords in titles, subtitles, and meta descriptions. Also, use terms related to your primary keywords, also known as LSI (sorry semantic indexing).
4- Create Facebook and Instagram stores
Social networks, especially Facebook and Instagram, allow you to sell products from within the platform. You can configure Facebook and Instagram Shopping to boost your social presence and increase sales.
In a Facebook survey, 81% of respondents said that Instagram helps them search for products and services, while 83% of them use it to discover new products.
Follow these social media best practices to increase sales:
- Post about your products regularly and highlight why they are worth buying.
- Create stories to highlight the process behind your products or business to build a relationship with customers.
- Share photos or videos that your customers have posted on social media.
- Interact with the comments on your posts.
5- Use email marketing
Email marketing is one of the profitable ways to market your product. When done right, you can generate $ 38 for every $ 1 spent. You can collect emails when customers buy products from you and even through blogs.
Once you have created an email list:
- Send out regular newsletters to attract your customers.
- Share the latest products and offers to encourage them to buy again.
- Customize the subject line and preview the text to increase the open rate.
- A / B tests different subject lines and calls to action to determine what works best.
Digital marketing helps reach tech-savvy customers and generate more sales. However, before creating a digital marketing strategy, you need to understand your ideal customers. Then analyze your existing digital assets and optimize them to generate results.
Visit Us:- Digital Marketing in Lucknow