Garage door openers may get dysfunctional after years of wear and tear. In such cases, the garage door opener needs to be repaired or replaced. Services such as Garage Door Openers Las Vegas can help in doing so, but some people want to take the initiatives themselves.
Getting a New Garage Door Opener
Getting a new garage door opener can be much easier than it sounds. Follow the steps given below
1. Check the Current Garage Set-Up
There are different types of garage door openers. If the current garage door opener type is okay with you, you have to look for similar garage door openers. If you want a different type, you can do that as well. Also, look for the garage parts that need to be repaired. Such parts can be available in Garage Door Parts Las Vegas and other places.
2. Choose the Type
Before you choose the best garage door opener for you, consider the following types-
· Chain Drive – These garage door openers are mounted on the ceiling, and have chains that can be pulled for opening the door. This type is noise, but affordable.
· Belt Drive – It is similar to the chain drive, but uses rubber belt to hoist the door open. As a result, these are ness noisy.
· Wall-mounted – Also known as jackshaft openers, these are wall-mounted, as the name suggests. For people with no clearance on ceiling, this is a good option.
· Screw drive – These are low maintenance garage door openers that are ceiling mounted. A long threaded rod gets unscrewed and screwed while moving the door.
· Direct drive – These garage door openers are almost noiseless, and use stationary chains in rail. Using a motor carriage, the door gets opened.
You can choose any of these garage door openers type, or look for the type that suits your garage the best.
3. Choose the Proper Size
The larger and heavier your garage door is, the more powerful garage door opener you will need. Hence, once you have evaluated your garage door, choose the proper opener that can open the door seamlessly. It can be different for single, double, and wood overlay garage doors. If you are not sure about it, experts should be consulted. In Garage Door Parts and similar places, all such parts are available.
4. Consider Extras
Extra features maybe required in a garage door opener, such as remotes or keypads. In Garage Door Openers smart garage door openers that are controlled by smartphones can also be installed. Lights and sound features can also be added, if required.
5. Fix a Budget
Compare different garage door openers and choose one according to your budget. This should be considered after you have chosen the type, size, and extra features.
6. Maintenance of the Current Door
To make sure that the door can be opened and closed with a new garage door opener, the door itself needs to be in a good condition. Hence, maintenance such as lubrication, cleaning, balance checking, and damage inspection should be done before getting a new garage door opener.
Once you have confirmed your choice, it is best to contact professionals to ensure that the new garage door opener gets properly installed. Self-installation is possible, but the process can be extremely hectic and dangerous. Take your time and choose the perfect garage door opener for your garage door, such that it serves its purpose. Contact TMC Garage Door for garage door inspection in Las Vegas.