Are you confused while what to choose between imported marble flooring and tiles on the floor? Here we bring a detail information and comparison of both marble and tiles that will help you to best choice for your floor.
1. Composition - As we all know marble is a natural stone that is formed by limestone’s metamorphic crystallization. Whereas tiles are formed when silicate and clay fired at high temperature.
2. Classification - In market, marble is available in countless shades, design, colours. These pattern and shades are formed due to geographical process. Tiles are also found in different forms such as quarry tiles, Terra cotta, glass and even proclein. These options are both used in flooring and walls.
3. Stain-Proof- This parameter makes both options different from each other. Marble is stained easily whereas tiles never gets stained and are easier to maintain as compares to Italian marble.
4. Eco-friendly - Between marble and tiles, marble cannot be considered as eco-friendly as it is non-renewable resources and while extracting requires high-energy process. On the other hand, tiles are eco-friendly in nature. As it can be recycled, non-toxic and can be manufactured using safe process.
5. Cost - As marble is a natural stone extracted by using costly procedure whereas tiles are manufactured, this become obvious that marble is more expensive than tiles. Only high quality marble will look best in appearance, which comes in high rate.