What is a zygomatic implant? Are Zygomatic implants done in Jaipur?
Zygomatic implants are special type of dental implants, which are specifically made to engage cheek bone. They are used in patients who have very less bone in upper jaw. Zygomatic implants are routinely done at Mittal dental clinic, Jaipur.
Zygomatic implants engaging cheek bone. There are other four normal implants in the middle of jaw. Together they support full set of artificial teeth . - Dental implant treatment
How zygomatic implants are different from normal dental implants?
Zygomatic implants are used when normal dental implants cannot be used because of deficient bone in upper jaw.
Zygomatic implants are long implants, ranging from 30 mm long to 55 mm long. Because of their length, the tip of these implants is able to engage cheek bone (zygomatic bone) and the base of these implants holds the artificial teeth in mouth
What are the indications for zygomatic implants?
1) When there is insufficient bone in upper jaw to place normal dental implants.
Like in those patients who have lost teeth due to pyorrhea, or those patients who were wearing removable dentures from a long time, or those patients who has undergone dental implants or bone grafting and it has failed.
2) Zygomatic implants are very usefull in reconstructing the upper jaw when its partially or totally removed due to tumour surgery or due to accidents.
3) Syndromic patients, like Ectodermal dysplasia patients who have missing teeth and deficient bone by birth can be effectively treated with the help of zygomatic implants.
4) Aged patients, Diabetic patients or chronic smokers. These are the patients in which bone grafting has very high complication rate, and there are higher chances of post operative bone loss around implants. So use of Zygomatic implants in these patients can avoid bone grafting surgery and possible associated complications.
What are the advantages of using Zygomatic implants?
1) Even if bone is not there in upper jaw, there is no need of doing bone grafting, and with help of zygomatic implants, immediate artificial teeth can be given.
2) Unlike bone grafting surgeries or sinus lift surgeries, there is much more predictablity and fewer complications with zygomatic implants.
3) no need to wait! Zygomatic implants makes it possible to give artificial teeth to patient with in a week.
What is “QUAD ZYGOMA” technique?
In patients who have severe bone loss in upper jaw, sometimes two zygomatic implants are placed on each side instead of one. So total of four zugomatic implants are placed in upper jaw instead of two. This is known as “Quad Zygoma” technique.
What is the sucess rate of zygomatic implants?
The sucess rate of zygomatic implants vary from 92% to 100% according to international litreature on dental implantology.
Who invented zygomatic implants?
Professor Branemark from sweden invented Zygomatic implants .
Who can place a Zygomatic implants?
Considering the surgical experince needed , an Oral and Maxillofacial surgeon is the right person to place Zygomatic implant.
Are Zygomatic implants safe?
Absolutely safe. There is no potential danger .
What can be postoperative complications of Zygomatic implants?
When a zygomatic implant is placed, due to surgery involved, its common to have swelling over cheek for 5 to 7 days. Patient can have a tolerable pain, which is mostly managable with common pain killers. Sometimes collected blood in sinus can come out through nose, and it leads to episode of bleeding from nose on 2nd and 3rd day of sugery.
Permanant complications are extremly rare with zygomatic implants. Most commonly reported complication are sinusitis, peri implant bone loss and loss of implant .
Is there any effect on face after zygomatic implants?
No, not at all. There is no adverse effect on face due to zygomatic implants.
Is Zygomatic implant placement painfull?
Not at all. Zygomatic implants are placed either under Local anesthesia or under General anesthesia. Total surgery is absoluetly painless.
zygomatic implants are painless
Zygomatic implants are placed under General anesthesia or Local anesthesia?
Most of the case of Zygomatic implants at Mittal Dental Clinic, Jaipur are done under Local Anesthesia. Patient is discharged immediately after the surgery.
What is the cost of Zygomatic Implants?
One Zygomatic implant usually cost 60,000 INR to 80,000 INR.
How long do Zygomatic implant last?
once its joined with the jaw bone, Zygomatic implant survival for 10 years is more than 90%.
What is the sucess rate of Zygomatic implants at Mittal Dental Clinic , Jaipur.
We are pionear in zygomatic implants in this part of country. We have been placing Zygomatic implants since 2007. And more than 300 case have been done till now sucessfully. We use Nobel Biocare Zygomatic implants. Dr Sankalp mittal has trained many dental surgeons across the country in Zygomatic implants.
For More Info: Rct treatment