Air conditioners don’t tend to last for long, but there are always steps by which customers can prolong the functional expectancy of them as long as it’s possible. If Air Conditioning Parts are given proper care, they will perform very efficiently and will continue to operate in the way they should during their complete life timespan.
However, AC’s can last up to a decade or so but that completely depends on different factors whereas HVAC systems can even continue to 3 decades before calling for a replacement. As replacing means a hefty amount, so it’s always a good decision to take necessary care of the unit thereby making the most out of it. With these tips, any homeowner can assure the longevity of their Air conditioning unit:
1. Changing Air filters frequently: When the AC is given proper services and maintenance, the servicemen take a look at the filter. However, homeowners can also take good care of them and make sure that the air filters are in quite working condition on their own. But, homeowners must keep it very hassle-free as in, if the filters get dirty, then they need to look for a replacement, even if homeowners have to adjust them before the calendar.
2. Proper installation: AC installation can very necessarily affect the longevity of the AC, so it’s important that an equipped contractor is hired for the task. He may charge the customer a bit more, but they assure that all the air conditioning unit components are placed correctly. Consequently, it results in fewer chances for unpredicted damages thereby enhancing the life span of the HVAC unit.
3. Condenser check: As the condenser does the actual cooling, it’s one of the most important parts of the AC. However, because it's the exterior of the house, so it also gets dirtiest very sooner. Additionally, it is recommended to keep a check on Copeland Scroll Compressor as well because if it functions well, the AC will work properly.
4. Clean air ducts: In some situations, it may happen that cool air is not able to reach houses because of air ducts. Moreover, if they are stained then it can lead to slow downing of the airflow into the house. However, when air ducts are cleaned properly, it will help in improving the indoor air quality in the place thereby limiting the air from being slowed by dust or dirt.
5. Leak check: It gets necessary to keep a check on the air conditioner for leaks at least once every year. To add, if the leaks in the hose go unnoticed then the unit could possess issues that may lead to its breakdown. Moreover, it is very crucial to have the system maintained properly as it will make sure that leaks will not arise again.
To sum up, these mentioned tips do not need the homeowner to spend extensive money as most of the tips can be done by themselves at their residence. However, by following the above-mentioned methods, it is very sure that the average life of AC Parts USA will function for at least 10-15 years, and in few cases, it may run for even more and that too without compromising on its performance.