The global GaN power device market was valued at US$ 1.67 Billion in 2020 and expected to reach US$ 5.6 Bn by 2027, with a growing CAGR of 29.1% during the forecast period (2021-2027).
The increasing adoption of GaN power devices in electric vehicles has uplifted the growth of the GaN power device market. Electric vehicles are mainly equipped with power modules to drive motors at higher voltage, as these devices reduce the current leakage between the collector and the emitter terminals, which enhances the switching rate with high frequency. Moreover, high voltage battery system in both HEVs and EVs requires power management devices for power handling from the battery to the motor drivers.
Based on industry vertical, the military, defense, and aerospace are expected to be the fastest-growing segment, owing to the use of various technologically advanced devices. The GaN power devices are utilized in the defense and aerospace industry to increase the bandwidth and performance reliability in communications, electronic warfare, and radars, among others. The ICs used in radar boards made by GaN enable efficient navigation, real-time traffic control and facilitates collision avoidance.
Get a Sample Copy of the Warehouse Robotics Market Report 2021-2027 Including TOC, Figures, and Graphs at https://www.alltheresearch.com/sample-request/707
The high material and manufacturing cost is the major challenge for the GaN power device market growth. However, the growing adoption of GaN power device in electric vehicles surge the demand for GaN semiconductor.
Global GaN Power Device Market by Region Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2021-2027)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Latin America
• Middle East & Africa
In terms of geography, Asia-Pacific is expected to witness the growth in the GaN power device market due to the increasing technological advancements that are leading to the augmented demand for effective and high-performance RF components. Moreover, the increasing adoption of wireless electronic devices and the production of telecommunication infrastructure is proliferating the growth of GaN power devices in the future.
Company Profiles and Competitive Intelligence
• CREE WOLFSPEED
• Infineon Technologies AG
• Qorvo, Inc
• Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
• Efficient Power Conversion Corporation
• GaN Systems
• Navitas Semiconductor
• Toshiba India Pvt. Ltd.
• VisIc Technologies Ltd.
• Integra Technologies Inc.
• Transphorm Inc.
• Panasonic Corporation
The Global GaN Power Device Industry Segmentation:
Global GaN Power Device Market by Device Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2021-2027)
• Power Device
• RF Power Device
• GaN Power Modules
• GaN Power Discrete Devices
• GaN Power ICs
Global GaN Power Device Market by Voltage Range Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2021-2027)
• <200 Volt • 200–600 Volt • >600 Volt
Global GaN Power Device Market by Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2021-2027)
• Power Drives
• Supply and Inverter
• Radio Frequency
For more Customization, Connect with us at https://www.alltheresearch.com/customization/707
• Based on the application, the radio frequency segment is growing at the highest CAGR over the forecast period.
• Based on industry vertical, the ICT segment holds the largest revenue share of over 23% in 2020.
• Based on regions, North America led the GaN power devices market and holds the largest revenue share of 33% in 2020.
• In December 2020, Qorvo launched the industry’s highest power GaN MMIC power amplifier (PA), which delivers up to 100 W of saturated power during a small quad-flat, no-leads (QFN) package. The amplifier is meant for C-band applications like aerospace and defense applications.
• In February 2021, Efficient Power Conversion Corporation launched EPC9157 which will integrate Renesas ISL 81806 with EPC2218 eGAN to achieve more than 90% efficiency.