Hutchinson-Gilford Progeria Syndrome (HGPS) Treatment: Introduction
• Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome (HGPS), is a rare, fatal, genetic condition in children with striking features resembling premature aging. Children with progeria usually have a normal appearance in early infancy.
• At approximately nine to 24 months of age, affected children begin to experience profound growth delays, resulting in short stature and low weight.
• They also develop a distinct facial appearance, characterized by a disproportionately small face in comparison to the head, an underdeveloped jaw, malformation and crowding of the teeth, abnormally prominent eyes, a small nose, and a subtle blueness around the mouth.
• Furthermore, by the second year of life, the scalp hair, eyebrows, and eyelashes are lost (alopecia), and the scalp hair may be replaced by small, downy, white or blond hair
Request Brochure – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B...
Key Drivers of Global Hutchinson-Gilford Progeria Syndrome (HGPS) Treatment Market
• The global HGPS treatment market is anticipated to expand rapidly in the near few years. Introduction of novel therapies and increase in cases of HGPS are likely to be major drivers of the Hutchinson-Gilford Progeria Syndrome (HGPS) treatment market.
• According to the National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD), the prevalence of HGPS is approximately 1 in 20 million; therefore, at any given time, approximately 400 children are living with progeria worldwide.
• Use of genetic testing has been increasing substantially in the last few years, thereby positively influencing the genetic disease diagnosis market
• In November, 2020 the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved Zokinvy (lonafarnib) capsules to reduce the risk of death due to Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome and for the treatment of certain processing-deficient progeroid laminopathies in patients one year of age and older; the first-ever treatment for Progeria. Zokinvy, a farnesyltransferase inhibitor, is an oral medication that helps prevent the buildup of defective progerin or progerin-like protein.
Request COVID Analysis on Hutchinson-Gilford Progeria Syndrome (HGPS) Treatment Market – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=c...
Hospital Pharmacies to be Highly Lucrative Segment
• Based on distribution channel, the global Hutchinson-Gilford Progeria Syndrome (HGPS) Treatment market can be categorized into retail pharmacies, hospital pharmacies, online pharmacies, and others
• The hospitals segment is anticipated to account for a major share of the market in the next few years due to a rise in the number of treatments in hospitals
North America to Offer Significant Opportunities in Hutchinson-Gilford Progeria Syndrome (HGPS) Treatment Market
• In terms of region, the global Hutchinson-Gilford Progeria Syndrome (HGPS) Treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
• North America accounted for a significant share of the global market in 2020, owing to favorable healthcare infrastructure, high per capita income, and high rate of adoption of advanced surgeries in the region
• Meanwhile, Asia Pacific is expected to offer significant opportunity for the market in the next few years. Significant expansion of the market in Asia Pacific is attributed to increase in healthcare expenditure, surge in government efforts to support medical tourism, and rapid advances made in the biotechnology industry. Increase in healthcare spending by a large section of people in emerging nations, such as India and China, is expected to further fuel the market in the region during the forecast period.
Pre Book Hutchinson-Gilford Progeria Syndrome (HGPS) Treatment Market Report – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=8179...
Key Players Operating in Global Hutchinson-Gilford Progeria Syndrome (HGPS) Treatment Market
The global Hutchinson-Gilford Progeria Syndrome (HGPS) Treatment market is consolidated, with the presence of international and local players. Key players operating in the global Hutchinson-Gilford Progeria Syndrome (HGPS) Treatment market are:
• Eiger BioPharmaceuticals
• Teva Pharmaceutical, Inc.
• Novartis AG
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
90 State Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]