Being eco-friendly doesn't mean spending more: in fact, being eco-friendly could actually improve your profit margin.
There are simple steps you can take. These apply whether your business is just you, or a large multi-national. Being environmentally friendly is everyone's business, so make it an objective of your company so that all employees work towards your environment goal.
· Reduce the amount of paper you use. Think before printing or photocopying: is this really necessary? Before printing large amounts, check to see that the quality is correct, the paper is aligned or that the toner is not just about to run out.
· Re-use paper: make scrap pads for messages.
· If you can't re-use or it's been reused on both sides, recycle the paper. There are companies that will supply you with a bin and collect the paper on a regular basis free of charge. They then recycle the paper and make a profit from it, so you are not only helping the environment, but your business colleagues.
· Purchase recycled paper and make sure your customers know it's recycled.
· Switch off all electrical equipment when not in use. There are many gadgets on the market to help you: one is PowerDown which switches off all the peripheral equipment when you switch off your PC.
· Supply different bins for different waste: glass, plastic, metal. These can then be taken to your local Tesco for disposal in their recycling plant and you, or the company, can get the benefits of Clubcard points which can be used to reward employees of the company.
· Recycle your toners, and mobile telephones: charities can benefit from these and this is a good publicity angle.
· Save water by reducing the amount of water in the cistern. This can be done with products from Water Boards or by using a good, old brick!
· Encourage your employees to be eco-friendly, inviting suggestions of way your business can help the environment.
Advertise the fact that your business is eco-friendly. Being green can make very good business-sense and can be a sales booster. You can't lose from going green, but you can if your competitors are green before you.Brought to you by FreedomMastery
Comments are closed for this blog post